06 Nov Yoga Aroma: Fresh Intentions
Our intention creates our reality.
– Wayne Dyer
Setting an intention for your yoga practice is probably something which has been asked of you in an Essence of Living yoga class. But what is the purpose of an intention? Why do we do it?
Establishing an intention for your practice brings attention, focus and awareness to a quality, feeling or wish you’d like to embody or cultivate during your practice. It can also be something which translates off the mat, in the yoga of life.
Setting an intention is a powerful tool to steady and focus the mind both while you’re on the mat and also once you step off. It can uplift your energy, bring a buzz to your prana and inspire those around you.
It’s essential that we remember our intentions can change, evolve and grow – both in our asana practice and in our lives.
Each day, each breath, each moment is an opportunity to set a fresh intention. We are the captains of our lives, and choosing where to steer your ‘ship’ starts with an intention.
Creating a fresh intention
Start afresh with peppermint oil! Peppermint is a herbaceous, minty and fresh scented essential oil which can put a real pep in your step. Just crack the bottle and inhale (not too closely, the high menthol content of doTERRA peppermint oil is intense!) to uplift, boost your mood and clear the mind.
All that counts in life is intention.
– Andrea Bocelli
Peppermint has a multitude of uses, some of our favourites include:
- Use peppermint oil in water to create a natural mouthwash which leaves you with lasting fresh breath.
- Dab a few drops of diluted peppermint oil on the back of the neck or under the nose to help with headaches, tension or blocked sinuses.
- Start your workout right with a sniff of peppermint oil to boost your energy and focus your mind.
- Flavour your favourite chocolate treats with peppermint oil. We especially love adding it to bliss balls or raw chocolate.
- Awaken your emotions by stimulating your limbic system. The limbic system controls our emotions and can be stirred with peppermint and other essential oils. Find out more here.
- Keep a clean home with this no-tox cleaning solution. Check out some ideas here.
- Put a pep in your step by stimulating blood circulation – yes, that’s right, peppermint has been shown to have this effect.
- Focus the mind and get stuff done by diffusing peppermint at work, or when you’re studying or just take a sniff when you need to concentrate.
How can I get my hands on a bottle of high quality, food grade peppermint oil?
Get in touch! We’d love to share these bottle of plant magic with you.