05 Apr Yoga Aroma: Awake. Arise. Alive.
``When the flower blossoms, the bee will come.``
- Srikumar Rao
Over the past few months, we have been exploring the Yoga Collection of essential oils from doTERRA, formulated in collaboration with Elena Brower.
We’ve written and experienced Anchor and Align on the blog and in the studio respectively – I’ve loved every minute of it! This leaves us with the final oil of the collection: Arise.
Arise is made up of grapefruit, lemon, osmanthus, and Siberian fir essential oils in a base of fractionated coconut oil. The scent is inspiring, happy and promotes feelings of invigoration and freedom. Yes, thanks!
Arise is the perfect oil to start your day. Anoint yourself while practising daily mantras or affirmations. Or use when you’re ready to step up and dare yourself with a challenging yoga pose. Or add to a carrier oil to create an ‘aromatic dressing’ for your body and use when you need an uplift of energy.
Some dynamic yoga poses and pranayama practices that are perfect to pair with Arise:
- Ardha Chandrasana / Half Moon – energising!
- Adho Mukha Vrksasana / Handstand – if you’re not up to a full handstand, an L-stand against the wall is just as invigorating. Start in downward dog facing away from the wall and walk the feet up till your body is making a 90-degree angle.
- Kapalabhati Shatkarma pranayama – my top pick if you want to lift your energy.
If you’re looking to cultivate feelings of enlightenment, revelation, and invigoration, I invite you to join me this Friday night for Yoga Aroma: Awake. Arise. Alive.
We’ll be exploring some beautiful yin yoga poses which will awaken your soul, let your spirit arise and make you feel alive!
- Friday 6-8pm, 13th April 2018
- The class is only $25 for everyone!
To reserve your spot, pop into the studio, call 07 5526 6600 or click here
Want to get your hands on your own bottle of Arise? We don’t blame you!
Email Michelle and she will let you know how you can order your own oils.